How it Works
What is Prehab?
Prehab stands for "Preventative Rehabilitation." The program consists of a set of exercises your physical therapist could have gave you the last time you sprained something. You know, those little exercises she or he insisted would keep you from re-injuring yourself... oftentimes the ones they print out on a sheet of paper that you might not remember to do!
What is BJJ Prehab?
The BJJ Prehab program consists of targeted exercises, curated into weekly video routines to help you reduce your risk of injury and keep the body working optimally. These movements are a fundamental aspect of taking care of your body so you can practice Jiu-Jitsu into your later years without nagging, preventable injuries. Proper rehab and prehab can help you recover faster from many sports-related injuries.
How does BJJ Prehab work?
What to expect from us each week:
- MONDAYS: you’ll receive your full week of prehab routines (via text and/or email, whichever you selected). If you ever want to adjust your notification preferences, just login to the Member Login portal from the homepage.
- THURSDAYS: you’ll receive a weekly feedback form request, which only takes a few minutes to fill out and includes:
- A workout log to mark which days you completed your routines (and help us keep you accountable!)
- Your “Prehab Score” (your score is calculated as the average difficulty level of all the exercises you’ve performed over the last three weeks)
- 5-questions to rate the ease or difficulty of your routines (If you forget to adjust this, we’ll simply keep your preferences from the prior week)
When doing your BJJ Prehab workouts:
- Each exercise begins with 12 seconds of black and white video, to give you time to see the exercise and get set up. After the intro, just follow along with the colored video with countdown clock.
- Turn the audio up to hear Mike’s cues on how to properly perform the prehab movements.
More about your BJJ Prehab Score
Achieving optimal injury prevention means being able to do all prehab exercises at Level 3. To learn more about our BJJ Prehab scoring system here: https://bjjprehab.com/pages/prehab-score
Got questions? We're here.
If you have any questions whatsoever about the program, just send me a message and I'll do my best to answer right away.
Me and the rest of the BJJ Prehab team can always be reached at Mike@BJJPrehab.com or Contact@BJJPrehab.com
See you on the mat!